Monday, June 21, 2010

week 5 on WW


I was deciding on what to wear for my cousin's wedding.

I had first picked out my lime green halter dress but I thought I might look odd since my tan is uneven plus being a halter dress I figured there might be the potential of a "wardrobe malfunction" (thank you Justin Timberlake) especially since dancing was involved.

I settled on my vintage leopard print suit.

The funny part is last December I had a wardrobe malfunction involving this dress. I squished myself into this dress. However, when I sat down I split the dress all the way up the seam exposing my (then) ample bum.
I still really like this suit. It's fully lined and "made in Canada". It's not like the cookie cutter limp suits you see in Marshalls that are all made in China. I had it repaired, double stitched and dry cleaned.

I tried the suit on prior to wearing it for the event since now the rear seam had to be brought in an addition 1/4th of an inch due to the repair.

The dress had room in the bum area.

I had lost an inch of pudge off of my hips.

I got on the scale this morning and to my surprise I had lost 2 more pounds. (A total of 10 pounds)

I ate normally at the wedding. A vegan rice ball with veggies, a olive bun and two small portobello appetitizers. Of course, no alcohol was consumed on my part nor did I have any cake.

I am actually afraid to eat cake because of my addiction to donuts. I'm afraid if I taste a sweet pastry I will fall off the wagon so I am glad I passed on that delicious looking cake.

And yes, it's been week 5 without a donut.

I have just 3 more pounds to go to reach my goal.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to see the weight slip away? I especially appreciated the feeling of finally being in control of what I weighed. You're doing it right, V. Slow and steady. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't so lucky in the cake department this weekend...but with the cake gone, I am now back in control. Good work V! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to give you some BS story and tell you "it's easy".
    I guess I have to just be honest with myself and realize I just can't eat certain foods because I just can't control myself.
    I CAN have my morning scone but just a half of it, with cooked egg whites as a side.That really helps and I don't feel completely deprived of morning yummies.
    You absolutely have to plan your meals/prepare for the day to stay on track.

    ReplyDelete