Tuesday, June 29, 2010

If you are going to do the talk you gotta do the walk


I feel really grouchy this morning.

Everything hurts.

My head is pounding.

It's hot, hazy and humid AND I have a full schedule.

Fresh Baby immediately pooped on my head when I let her out of the cage.

Eddie bit me on the neck desperately trying to bite off a welt a green-head left from yesterday's chomp fest.

ARGH! They can be naughty little brats sometimes!
I think they are hot too so they get into mischief. I'm walking in slow motion so they think I'm playing a game.

So instead of spending this blog whining like a big baby about how crappy I feel today I will tell you about something really cool that I found on the internet.

As you recall, I did a "search" on ebay in pursuit of a St Teresa of Avila holy medal. I wanted to find a "special saint' for my mother-in-law. In my search, I found a link to a custom charm (medal) site. Here you can design or have them design a medal of a saint that is not listed in the conventional list of saints.

So I bought myself a present.

I had these jewelers make me a "saint Atlantis" medal.

Yup, I did. And it came out really nice.

I just have to get it blessed now to make it "official".
I feel pretty good about this. This gives me my goal to aspire to and live up to the name.
If you going to do the talk you gotta do the walk.
Right?

3 comments:

  1. Not necessarily... you know what has to happen in order for you to be a saint, right? I say we keep you just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you become a saint, we can't talk dirty no more! And you can only say good things about Obama! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete