Sunday, June 20, 2010

nice day for a white wedding


Yesterday, on June 19th, my cousin "Donny" got married.

I was really happy that he invited me.

I was a little nervous for "Don" especially knowing how methodically he and "Kim" carefully planned his wedding. Since it was an outdoor wedding at the Newburyport waterfront you get nervous about our unpredictable New England weather patterns. "Little ones" were a part of the ceremony and you hope and pray they don't have a melt down or fall in a puddle. You also worry about possible obnoxious guests especially if alcoholic beverages are consumed in abundance.

My first marriage, gag, happened almost 30 years ago on that day.

Thank God, nothing bad happened yesterday.

I guess I was just being silly and paranoid thinking that June 19th was a "bad luck day".
I have nothing against my "ex", as of now.
I am just glad I am not married to him anymore.

Matter of fact, Don's wedding celebration was just perfect.

Everything was perfect.

I have to say I had the most fun I've had at a party in a long time.

The food, the music and the company was fantastic.

I had a blast dancing and goofing around with my cousins.

I was seated with my (departed) Aunt's long time friends. I was really glad I was seated with these lovely ladies. I have known "Shirley" and "Kay" since I was a little kid and hung out with their daughters. I am glad my cousins have remained in contact with them. I call them the "golden girls".

I pulled Shirley up on the dance floor and she boogied like a teenager. I had visions of my Aunt in her day having a total blast dancing and laughing with Shirley. I just know my Aunt was looking down from heaven cracking up at us at our crazy antics. I felt like she was dancing right along with us. It was like I had one more moment with her.

Thank you Don and Kim for inviting me and allowing me to share that moment.

I wish you a long happy life full of adventure together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the resemblance between the bride and the groom and the photo you found! Don would really appreciate your writing this...you'll have to forward him a link to your blog?
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, V. I can picture you dancing your little behind off. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete