Friday, June 25, 2010

hazy, hot and horrendous


I gotta say, I just love living by the ocean.

The weather was hazy, hot and horrendous. Oh my God, it was digusting out.
The birds were in their cages with their wings spread out airing out their armpits.
The dogs gave me the look letting me know , "you've got to be kidding me!?! Walk in this weather!?!?! " I took them to the park where it is shady so they got a little bit of exercise and could relieve themselves.
I had a break at the end of the day so I decided to go the beach.
Should I take my car down to the state beach so that car bakes in the sun?
Or should I take my bike down to the public beach so I can get a slushie if I feel like having one at one of the stands?
It takes about the same amount of time getting there either way.
I opted for taking my bike down to the beach.
I drove past the marsh where I could smell the green-heads incubating. They are already out in the Seabrook marshes. In Salisbury, they emerge on July 13th but I think this year they will make their debut on July 4th this year. They are nasty critters.
I love the beach smells. The wafting aromas of pizzas, fried doughs and french fries. I didn't get anything but it was tempting.
The sandcastle displays lining the boulevard were fun to look at.
I was a sweaty mess by the time I arrived at the beach.
I could see many people standing in the water only up to their ankles. This was not a good sign. This meant the water was really cold. I walked up to the edge and yes, it was cold.
I was so F*&^ing hot I couldn't stand it.
I made a running start and jumped in the water. Oh my God, the water was freezing but it felt so good on my steaming head.
You gotta love the beach.

3 comments:

  1. Dead greenhead....gonna put it on you!!!!!!
    I better get to the beach before those dam things emerge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty hot here too now...the difference is, we don't have the steam. And boy what a difference it makes. 110 feels more like 90 back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that IS pretty hot!
    The heat never bothered me before but it does now....

    ReplyDelete