Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Irrefutable pugs




Pugs are the funniest, but ugliest dogs.


Their eyes bulge and stick out in opposite directions making them kind of look like the late great comedian Marty Feldman. They have short snouts which makes them a bit unappetizing company at dinner time due to the constaint snorting and blowing snot from their squished noses.


People who have pugs absolutely love 'em.


Owners of this particular breed also seem to delight in dressing these dogs in various costumes. Ballerinas in particular.


I saw one pug at a dog show dressed as a policeman with his booger nose and all.


I remember hearing this ungodly story about this one pug who had problems with his bulging eyes. Apparently, the dog tripped or fell down the stairs dislodging one of his eyes. It didn't seem to phase the dog too much. But when he ran into the living room to greet his owner with his eye dangling on his cheek, the company present in the living room scattered out of room, screaming.


My husband and I had been invited to a la de da dinner engagement at a very posh condo complex in downtown Boston. The host of the party, along with his partner, had a pug. The dog was a funny little thing. I thought he was a very well behaved dog. I enjoyed the view of the Boston sky line from this gentleman's balcony. I also enjoyed checking out his collection of original artwork displayed proudly all over the condo.


The host was handing out crab cakes in which everyone seemed to indulge in. In the process of handing out the crab cakes he got bits of the cake on his fingers in which he promptly let the pug lick off. My husband who is the worlds worst germophobe on the planet saw this and almosted fainted.


I thought I was going to pee my pants laughing.


Another friend of mine had quite a collection of Christmas cards displayed on her wall. Most were your traditional boring types, some had photo pics of kids and some had photos pics of their pets. The one card that stood out was one with a pug dressed up in a santa suit.


It would've been a kind of cute card except for, the pug had a raging boner.


I asked my friend what was up with his card and she just rolled her eyes in disgust.


She was hoping nobody would notice.


My husband likes pugs. Everytime we are out for a stroll and he spots one on the street he will point out ,"there's a pug!"


Funny little things, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment