Thursday, August 26, 2010

frogs!


We finally got the badly needed rain.

And boy, did it rain.

It was like "Florida" rain pelting down in buckets.

And of course, I still had dogs to take out for their walks.

The following day the rain stopped but not without causalities.

The street was littered with close to a hundred dead little frogs. They come out in the rain mostly at dusk and then get run over by cars.

It's really quite sad.

I always liked frogs (and toads). There is something about them that cracks me up. Maybe it's their bulging eyes or their broad grins. Or maybe it is the funny sounds they make.

My cousin and I have many childhood memories involving frog hunts. We would catch them and release them after we played with them for awhile. I find it amusing when I hear of people (girls AND guys) afraid to touch them.

My sister just recently recieved a message on her facebook page. It was an old grade school chum of mine that mistakenly thought my sister was me. He wrote, "Hey! Remember me? Do you still like frogs and Charlie Brown?"

It is really funny what people remember and identify you with.

Frogs.

How funny is that?

Last winter I saw this old movie on TV called "Frogs".

It was so bad that it was good.

It was made in 1972 starring Sam Elliot. It was suppose to be a horror flick but it was more like a comedy. It is something that "Mystery Science theater 3000" would host.

Seriously, it was really funny about a frog invasion taking revenge on land developers and environmental violators.

My favorite childhood book is "Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Graham. One of the main characters (and my favorite) is Mr Toad. He is a naughty toad that gets into all sort of predicaments due to his insatiable quest for adventure.

Yes, happiness is a smiling happy toad (and frog)

No comments:

Post a Comment