Monday, August 9, 2010

dive #802 & 803 August 8 2010


It was a good day.

My head is clear, which is like a gift.

No pain or fogginess.

And no shit-heads on the road.

So far, so good.


Dive #802 August 8 2010


A perfect day. Not blistering hot. We had a good group of people onboard.

Larient, Bill L, Richard B and his pal. It was good to see Bill L. I hadn't seen him in a while .It's always good to catch up on funny stories and misadventures.

We anchored at the "restaurant" near Folly Cove. Folly Cove was chock-o-block full of divers.

I like this spot because it is hard to get lost. There are lots of rock formations to explore under.

I checked the "fish finder report"in the NBPT Daily news, it was quoted as saying, "mackeral , bluefish and pollack were plentiful in the Gloucester region."

I saw schools of pollack and cunners. At 35ft there was a serious thermocline that woke you up.

I had a reading of 54F. In the shallows, it was much warmer. There were some pretty anemones as you turned the corner of rock formations entering in the cove. I still had enough air in my tank for a second dive.

Dive #803

We turned around and anchored in Loop Hole cove. The boat was getting bounced around a bit due to boat traffic but that is what happens on a beautiful day. Everyone is out and about.

Chris was feeling a bit under the weather so she stayed aboard. Fred went in for a short dive.

Pete was out lobstering. Larient was filming. However, the battery on his camera died just as he was filming some fish activity.

I followed a lobster line. The viz was pretty clear at about 20 feet. I saw schools of pollack, a flounder and lots of cunners. I keep my eyes wide open for the possibilty of seeing dogfish.

It didn't matter that I didn't see any dogfish today.

It was just a really good day for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that your day was a fun one too, V. It was a relaxing one for me. Good time with nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day, Tink. You've had so many rough ones. Breathing a sigh of relief for you!

    ReplyDelete