Monday, May 31, 2010

Black cloud


I thought I could excape it but no matter what it finds me.

I could feel it sneaking up on my late wedsnesday evening grabbing me by the ankles. That sort of numbness slowing tuning into glass under-your-skin feeling. Then a icy claw grabs you on the back of your neck turning into burning heat with daggers. The pain is almost unbearable but it doesn't register as pain because pain pills do nothing.

The light hitting my eyes is terrible.

And sounds are unbearable. I thought if I had something to eat I might feel better but the "music" overhead in the neighborhood restaurant was like a screaching fax machine drilling into my ears like hungry earwigs.

I couldn't stand it.

My husband thought I was just being difficult and fussy. Maybe I was, but it wasn't just annoying but out right painful. I am dizzy and nauseous.

Smells. Oh my God. It seems like the whole world needs to wash their hair and their arses. I can differentiate nervous sweat from work out sweat. Either way, it's gross.

Forget about carrying on a conversation. I can't properly speak. I slur my words, can't remember words and I feel like I want to start a fight.

I feel like shit.

And it will probably last for a week. Migraines always hang around for at least a week.

All I want to do is lay down in dark quiet room, take a zomig, ice my head and eat something sweet.

I feel so self absorbed but I just can't help it. It's hard to focus on anything else.
Tomorrow should be a better day.

2 comments:

  1. I certainly didn't think you were slurring your words or starting a fight yesterday, V. You just seemed to be hurting. I hope your week-long migraine only lasts 5 days...or less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you, but honestly V... I could choke you for coming down to see me when you were in such misery! It was great to see you, but not to see you in such pain. I hope you're feeling better!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete