Saturday, May 15, 2010

diaper patrol





I've never changed a diaper on a baby, not even for any of my nieces and nephews.
To be quite honest with you I planned to keep it that way.
Things, however, have changed in regards to the diaper situation.
One of my clients wears a diaper.
Yes, KD, my little poodle wears a diaper.
And I have to change the wee wee pad in the doggie pantie.
KD is get up there in age and is now is having a little problem with leakage so she now wears a diaper. She actually looks really cute wearing it because the color matches her little bows on her head.
It is kind of funny seeing a dog wearing a diaper but it is even funnier seeing a bird wearing a diaper.
Bird diapers are actually called "flight suits" but they are indeed tiny colorful panties with a wee wee pad insert. People mostly use then when they handle their birds a lot and don't want the bird messing on them.
I've also seen special capes made for the owners to wear when handling the birds to protect their shoulders from getting pooped on. Some of these capes have built in dowels (perches) for the birds to perch comfortably on the owners shoulder.
I actually bought one of these 'flight suits" for Button. Not so much to prevent her from pooping on me but to cover her bottom area so she would not pick (She's a feather plucker). She hated wearing it and yanked the wee wee pad out of it. I've seen other birds wearing them without a fuss but Button wouldn't have any part of it.
As you can see from the pictures above that I am not kidding about dog and bird diapers. They really do exist!

2 comments:

  1. My friend Tammy runs PRONE... she's got several pugs who wear diapers all the time. I'm so not down with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha!
    I still think it is hilarious seeing a dog in a diaper! Pugs would look wicked hilarious!

    ReplyDelete