Tuesday, May 18, 2010

weight watchers


I can not imagine what it must be like to be addicted to drugs, cigarette and alcohol.
I am going to embark on another weight watchers weight loss program.
Eight years ago, I was successful in losing 25pounds with weight watchers. It was a struggle but I obsessed about it and stayed on course. The problem was when I was advised to add more calories (points) to my diet. I started to descend down that slippery slope of having just one extra cookie. Those 25 pounds ended up finding me again.
I am embarrassed to say.
I don't know about you but I can't just eat just one cookie. It's all or none.
I have to focus all my energy into planning and calculating meals three times a day. This is especially true at lunch time. I have to break away from grabbing a quick chai and donut/muffin at dunkin donuts.
This may not be a big deal for some people but it is a really, really big deal for me.
The donuts have landed on my arse and thighs and are growing at a rapid rate.
It was evident last weekend when I tried pulling up my dry suit over my arse. This suit cost me close to two grand so I have to fit in it.
I don't really eat much, it is just the crap I am eating. Migraine attacks make me reach for poptarts and muffins. Anything sugary and comforting.
I decided not to take on any more new dog clients, at least for now, since they are really time consuming and exhausting. I need to focus on my health and well being.
I look at how handsome and fit my husband is and I don't want to be the middle aged woman who "let herself go".
Gross.
OK so now I need prayers , will power and focus to lose the pudge.
This is day two on my detox from dunkin donut's donuts and chai.
AND measuring my healthy choices of food at meal time.
Wish me luck...*
***********************************************************************************
*I just went on the dunkin donuts website for nutrition information and this is what I found:

vanilla chai- 330 calories 9 g of fat 0 fiber
small coffee with cream-60 calories 6g of fat 0 fiber
white hot chocolate-340 calories 13 g of fat 0 fiber

egg white turkey sausage sandwich-280 calories 6g fat 3g fiber
veggie eggwhite sandwich-290 calories 9 g fat 3g fiber

glazed donut-320 calories 18g fat 1g fiber
plain cake donut-280 calories 18g fat 1g fiber

multigrain bagel-390 calories 8g fat 9g fiber

2 comments:

  1. My dunkin fix is just the coffee. I get one on the weekend. If I need a "special" breakfast, I make my own egg McMuffin sandwich. I fry 1 egg white in Pam spray, add 1 slice of Canadian bacon, and 1/2 a slice of low fat American Cheese. The English is 1 point, the Canadian bacon is 1/3rd of a point and so is the egg white, and the cheese is 1 point. The breakfast is totally satisfying, and will carry me successfully until lunch. The best part, it's only 2 2/3 points. I usually just round up to 3 though. You don't eat meat, so how about subbing veggies for the bacon? You could make it an even 2 point sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see that you are a good weight watchers girl...
    That egg mcMuffin sounds good minus the bacon. I'd add spinache...yummmmm....

    ReplyDelete