Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cesar


You gotta love Cesar.
First of all, he is totally hot with those big white sparkly teeth, dark eyes and accent.
A few years ago, when I was starting my business, my cousin handed me her new "Dog Whisperer" DVD and said, "check out this dog training guy and tell me what you think".
There is definitely an art in how to getting a dog to behave in an acceptable manner to fit in with family life and with other people and dogs.
The first thing I noticed was how clueless and powerless the owners were in dealing with the obnoxious behavior(s) of their family dog. (Myself, included)
I got the biggest kick out of watching Cesar approaching the situation. The dogs are going nuts and the owners are in tears. Cesar comes walking in the room with that cool calm approach and that big white smile. Some of the women clients, you can tell, just melt when he walks in the room.
"Dog? What dog?"
Some of the clients are just pathetic whining about their baby (refering to their vicious dog that bites everyone). I am amazed that Cesar can stand there all calm without smacking some of these people right side their head.
Believe me, I've met some of these types.
I met this one woman who had this gigantic unruly rather vicious German shepherd. She absolutely refused to leash her dog, ever. To her, it was sooooo mean to leash a dog. So she would bring her dog on the beach (even though there is a leash law sign posted plus restrictions on when dogs are allowed on the beach) As you might guess, these laws do not pertain to her. So she lets her dog run wild on the beach. She feels that the waves will wash away any poop the dogs does as well. I tried to appeal to her in a safety rational saying, "aren't you afraid your dog will run out in the street?" her reply, "oh, he knows not to". Then I said, "what if he goes after a little kid playing on the beach" She said, "oh yeah, he does like to jump on people but it would the kids fault if he got bit".
What an idiot.
Cesar's motto is to "rehabilitate owners as well as dogs" (with behavior modification). This woman would be hopeless because she doesn't think she has a problem.
I've seen kids act up in the grocery store and I think to myself, "that little brat needs a dose of Cesar". The funny thing is I think the creators of "South Park" thought the same thing.
(Check out my link : Cartman" southpark. It is F*&^ing hilarious)
I like his attitude of being"calm and assertive". Not only is this a good approach in dealing with dogs but dealing with people as well. It's so easy to lose your cool and lose control. When I feel I am going to lose it, I take a deep breath and SMILE. It's amazing how that little thing can keep you grounded.
Yup, I'm a Cesar fan.
Matter of fact, I just subscribed to his company's magazine "Cesar's Way". I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how that woman would feel if her precious baby mauled someone... I feel very safe in saying that the jury would not go along with her "it's the kid's fault" rational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad part is that the dog would be "put down" because of the owner's ignorance and selfish attitude.

    ReplyDelete