Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Wild Pigeons of Salisbury beach part 5


One thing about feeding the pigeons at the beach is that it is a time to stop and reflect on life.

I guess it is like saying a prayer but you are actually doing something (spreading the seeds around). The usual gang was present: Craow Dum, Galok, Brownie, Blum Craow Dum, Scout and Busta Move plus other assorted feathered friends. I had a hard time determining which one was actually Busta Move because quite a few pigeons were doing their mating dance and chasing down females. It was little chilly on the beach with a wind blowing from the north but it was fine for a morning run. The pigeons seem to look forward to their morning ritual.

I just got news this morning from a fellow cockatiel chat line buddy that one of the "regular chatters' on our chat post had suddenly passed away. The tiel chatterer that informed me of this news is a lady who I met out in Western Massachusetts at a bird show. We've become long distance buddies emailing and chatting to each other about our birds.
The tiel chatterer that had passed away was an older gentleman who, I had not personally met, but I enjoyed seeing pictures of his aviary and hearing about all the drama of his birds living in the aviary.

Regardless, I felt at a loss. I'm sure he was beloved by his family. He seemed to haved loved his hobby of raising birds. One minute you are here and the next minute you aren't. It just didn't seem fair.

I also got news about one of my dive buddies undergoing brain cancer treatment.

WTF

This same poor girl had just recently lost her dear beloved husband from a motorcycle accident.

This is one of those moments I am at a loss for words.

I just hope and pray she recovers.


So I sit and watch the pigeons go about their business.

Just a simple pleasure.

Appreciating one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally at a loss about Cat. What a kick in the pants. She's a strong lady, though...and her spirits are up. We can only wait and see...

    ReplyDelete