Sunday, August 21, 2011

dive # 836 August 21 2001

Dive # 836 August 21 2001
I didn't think I would be able to go diving today because I am now the care-taker of a baby pigeon but my wonderful husband stepped up to the plate to make sure the baby had a mid-morning feeding. (More on the baby pigeon on another post)
I think I really need my "hall pass" sunday to submerge underwater for a little "zen-like excape" for an afternoon.
Fred, Chris, Pete and Pat were front and center directing the operation. We had a nice mellow group today as passengers. Linda, Myanna and a new guy named Alex.
We parked the boat at the restaurant off of Folly Cove.
I was perfectly happy to be here.
On the surface the viz was pretty fuzzy but once you got past 20 feet it was fairly clear but remarkably colder. At about 20 feet I got 60F on my thermometer .Up by the wall was warm but the viz was really cloudy.
I spotted quite a few rays, a few good sized lobsters and one big monster striper that scared the crap out me. Pat said that same striper spooked her as well. I was going to follow Fred around since he was filming but apparently the battery went dead in his camera.
Oh well.
The next dive sight was at "naked man beach". If Pete said there was dog fish in the water I would've went for that second dive but I started to get cold right after my first dive.
AND I was hungry.
I was glad I brought my spinach sandwiches with me.
We docked fairly early at about 2:00 just as it started to rain a little bit. I was grateful for the early landing since I was worried about getting back home to check on the little pigeon plus I still had afternoon customers to attend to.
All in all we had a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading the diving posts...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigeons are delicate creatures, baby pigeon care and their development need special attention. It is not an easy job.

    ReplyDelete