Monday, July 19, 2010

week 9 on WW


It's been NINE weeks since I've had a donut.

NINE WEEKS!

I still slowly drive by dunkin donuts like a pervert leering at the donuts.

I hopped on the scale this morning and I have reached my targetted goal of 115lbs.

I do not know if my scale is accurate but I do know I've lost a total of 13lbs.

Now the hard part is keeping it off and not falling off the wagon.

Jackie has been sticking to the 'program" too. I do not know how much weight she has lost but she looked slim and fit. Diane was on the "program" as well and she looked thin.

It works.

I keep my fat free international cookbook and my WW cookbook on my kitchen counter so that I shop and plan my meals properly for the week.

I've made an attempt of growing herbs, peppers and spinach in garden pots. My peppers and herbs are doing great. I water them twice a day and add plant food to them once a week. I pick off any bugs in the morning. My spinach did well in the beginning of the season but the scorching weather did it in, to my dismay. Fresh herbs make a huge difference in taste enhancement in any dish I make. I add basil to everything.

I think it helps that my husband likes to eat healthy as well so it makes things easy planning our meals. I think it would be hard to stay in line if he said things like, "oh, one donut won't hurt you". "Have a second helping". "I'm not eating that".

Thank God we are on the same wave length.

2 comments:

  1. Healthy eating x 2 is wonderful. Soracha is definitely a "keeper," isn't he? So-o-o-o, what is that leafy green thing in your picture? I don't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I "googled" "spinach pictures" and got this picture.
    However, you are right, it doesn't look like spinach but more like green swiss chard.

    ReplyDelete