Tuesday, July 6, 2010

week 7 on WW


OK this photo is pretty bad but I couldn't help but crack up.
I think Jesus would've thought this was pretty funny too.
Anyways, it is week 7 on my weight watcher's journey. I got on the scale this morning and so far, I've lost total of 12 pounds. I have 1.5 pounds to go to reach my goal.
I'm not starving either.
I really think I can live like this.
And that is the mantra of weight watchers is a life style eating change over.
I still haven't touched a donut for 7 weeks now. Those will remain on the "no fly" list.
Pat bought something from DD and brought it on the boat this weekend. I have no idea what she got but I had to sniff the empty bag as an excuse for 'taking her trash" away. I guess this is what it is like for people who give up cigarettes. I've seen "former" smokers sniffing that second hand smoke aroma as they struggle to detox from their cigarette addiction.
I still plan, prepare and cook in advance my healthy low fat meals everyday.
I can't help but wonder if people who do the Jenny Craig or nutrisystem diets can keep the weight off once they reach their goal since all their meals are these tiny pre-made TV dinner-like "meals".
Have you seen these "meals"?
It is no wonder you lose weight if you stick to eating just these prescribed 'meals". They are the size of a deck of cards of this brown mucus-like mass called a "nutritionally balanced meal". Let's be honest, you can't eat this crap forever. It's all processed crap but I guess it is easier than having to cook.
I guess these folks have a diet coach to help them integrate into eating normal and healthy after they stop eating those TV dinner entries. It IS a big effort to properly shop, plan and prepare for healthy meals when you have a busy lifestyle.
So far, so good. It's working for me.

2 comments:

  1. You should be the Poster Child for Weight Watchers, V. The results are evident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Maybe as an advertisement poster there should be a pic of me wearing boxing gloves standing up against a giant donut! LOL!

    ReplyDelete