Friday, July 23, 2010

squish!




It doesn't matter how much I spend on sneakers that I use to walk dogs. Whether I spend $10.00 on sneakers I get on sale at KMart or la de da Nikes for $80.00, it doesn't matter.


In three months they will end up in the bucket.


I wear sneakers out at the heel real fast plus having to walk in all kinds of weather they just get nasty. Another problem is no matter how careful I am I always manage to step in a big heaping pile of dog shit at least once a week.


Since I go through sneakers at a rapid rate I tend to buy the $10.00 no name brands at KMart. Seriously, they are just as comfortable as the fancy brand names. I also have problem buying brand names knowing that poor asian girl is making a dollar a day no matter what the sneaker's brand name is and the rest of the $80.00 spent on the fancy brand goes to some stupid overpaid sports figure.


I used to like nikes.


About 25 years ago when I first started running I bought a purple nike sweat suit with matching purple sneakers. This when nike products were made in the USA. I remember the whole outift at the time cost me well over $100.00. It looked really nice too. Unfortunately, my former brother-in-law's dog liked the outfit too.


The dog liked it a little too much.


Unbeknownst to me, the color purple "turned him on".


When ever this dog saw me wearing this running suit he would run over to me, position himself and proceed to hump my sneakers with vigor. The whole clan thought this was hilarious.


I didn't.


I was disgusted and never wore that suit nor that sneakers over their house anymore.


That outfit and sneakers are now long gone.


Today, I refuse to buy any nike products. I think the last straw was that obnoxious tiger Woods ad aluding to his infidelities. I think it was really gross and tacky, tacky TACKY.

Shame on them.


So I buy the kmart brand 'joggers".


I just bought a pretty nice pair that was listed for $39.98. It was on sale for $7.50.

God, I love a bargain!


My old sneakers by now were hurting my ankles since I wore out the heels.


I took a new dog out for a walk and guess what happened?


SQUISH!


I stepped right into a huge nasty pile of shit.


All the crap stuck deep into the new grooves of the fresh white sneakers.


I'm beginning to think all new sneakers are just shit magnets.


sigh....

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha...and gross. I just bought a brand new pair of Saucony running shoes... I used them exclusively for the treadmill. They will never see the light of the pavement...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is EXACTLY why I buy inexpensive sneakers.
    My cool "Red Sox" sneakers got tossed merely because I wore them out so bad on the heels that I was walking funny and they were really starting to hurt the side of my leg. I managed to milk them out for almost a year.

    ReplyDelete