Wednesday, July 28, 2010

week 10 on WW


I weighed myself and I remain at a steady 115lbs.

So far so good.

And still, not a donut has been consumed.

This week has been physically rough on me. I've been dying for a donut or a coffee cake muffin since my serotonin levels have crashed.

The strawberries and cool whip are keeping me on the straight and narrow.

I'm still faithful about working out daily down in "cell block #9" but it hasn't been easy.

I would like to lose another 5 lbs just to rid myself of any remaining chub but I seem to be managing on this particular diet. I'm not starving by any means but to be able to lose that extra desired weight I think I would have to starve myself. Would it be worth it?

I happen to pass my favorite la de da consignment shop in Newburyport. They had this gorgeous suit hanging up with the original tags still on it. I could tell it was an European design by the fabric and the cut.

Sure enough, it was made in France. It was an European size 36. I knew it would be too small but decided to try it on just in case. I could zip the pants up but it was tight. My pudge was squishing over the top like a playdoe fun factory. The jacket was a bit snug as well.

After all it was a size 36 (US size 4). I was amazed that I could even get my ankle down the pant leg never mind fitting my rear-end in it.

Whoa, what a beautifully cut suit . I thought to myself, if I was only about 5 or so lbs lighter this suit would fit alright. There is definitely a difference in US brand suits compared to European designer suits. A Jones New York suit looks very standard business-like. They are rather shapeless without any stand out style, but functional.

Very Hillary Clinton-ish (sorry Hillary!).

A Jones New York suit is a US brand suit but they are generally made in China or some other crappy cheap labor country. It's almost impossible to find a suit with a US brand on it that isn't made in these countries. Yes, I have a couple of these suits I use for business functions.

This French suit was different.

When I was looking in the mirror I was amazed at how this suit tranformed my figure. My middle-aged "gravity challenged" butt was instantly transformed into a "Jennifer Aniston stair-mastered" bum.

Wholy smokes! Wow!

It was like the first time I tried on a 'wonder bra". I was transformed from an "A" to "C" in 30 seconds. I had instant boobs without the hassles.

Oh well, that was fun to just try on.

Right now, I just have to focus on not falling off the 'donut' wagon.

That is a challenge in itself.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, V. I'm sure the picture is a representation of how good you feel about your success. The smile says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE MY HERO! Congratulations on your success! I'm still pounding it out with p90x, and amazingly, my butt is defying gravity these days as well.

    ReplyDelete