Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dive #798 & 799 July 18 2010

I had a problem yesterday while posting this post. I spent an hour writing yesterday's blog and when I pressed "publish post" it disappeared. So I will make an attempt again this time without adding a picture.
It was another triple H day so I was glad I was scheduled aboard the "Easy Diver".
The ride in my car getting to Cape Ann was an adventure in itself . In Rowley, these two shit-heads driving a beat up impala cut in front of me and decided to chug along at 20MPH in a 45MPH zone. This is so aggravating because there is no place to pass a slow poke along rte 133 legally or safely even though I made a few attempts otherwise.
There was a thick cloud in their car in which the odors wafted back to me with a smell that reminded me of a high school hallway. I admit I was tail-gating them.
The fumes from their car was making me dizzy. I then realized these two bone-heads were tokin' big ass ganga rolls.
Thank God "Cheech and Chong" finally turned off in Gloucester because I was really starting to get "stupid" breathing in their potent second hand reefer.
Not a good way to start the day.

Dive #798 July 18 2010

We had a good group of customers aboard. Larient as usual, Jackie K and Diane K.
Fred and Chris worked with Diane on a refresher scuba course while the rest of us did a little shallow water exploration by Kettle island.
I went in with Jackie. We practiced some UW navigation but the currents kind of threw us off.
No matter. We basicallly went around in a circle. We saw flounder, some skates, small moon snails and small cunners. The water temp was a seasonable 58F at 20 feet.

Dive #799
I wasn't planning on doing a second dive but the water temp was pretty comfortable so I went in 'seagull mode" scavenging any small tanks aboard that any air left.
Diane's "mini' had 800psi left.
That'll do.
So I logged another dive at the stone garage.
Not a bad day after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment