Saturday, July 24, 2010

the turtle diaries


This weekend, I have one of my favorite cockatiel customers boarding with me.
I also have a blind 12 year old bunny boarding with me as well.
This morning, I took care of an elderly kitty down the street.

I was suppose to be getting a "new " customer this weekend as well.

A couple of large box turtles.

But at the last minute the owner of these reptiles cancelled on me.

I hate to say it but I had the feeling this was going to happen.

When ever a guy inquires about my pet sitting service they never follow through.

I know this is stereotyping but it has happened every single time wherever I've had to exclusively deal with a guy.

All of my regular customers I deal with, married or not, are females.

I think it is because women are the ones who make child care arrangements, call for a plumber when something is leaking, and if they are over whelmed, they call for a house cleaner to clean their house, and so on...

Guys don't.

And they have no clue of what things cost.

If a guy has a leak around a toilet in their abode they try to fix it but if they can't, they just live with it, even if starts to stink .

Forget about a house cleaner. What mess?

Child care? Babysitters? You think they are going to pay them how much????
For doing nothing?

Both my husband and my father still think you can buy a suit for 50 cents.

I had this one unfortunate lady customer who was in the hospital at the time. She wanted me to take care of her six cats. Her "male friend" made the arrangements with me and he just "could not believe how much money I charged for (what he considered) a five minute job".

You have got to be F*&^ing kidding me.

That job actually took me 45 minutes to do at each visit.

I've had guys call me in regards to caring for their reptiles but cancelled at the last minute.
I've also had guys inquiring about walking their "multiple-big-sometimes-unruly-dogs" for way over the normal walking time limit but flinched when I told them there would be an extra charge for that.

Yes, I've had women do that as well.

And yes, I had to take one female customer to small claims court for failing to pay me.

But guys, are harder to deal with.

I am hoping this stereotype will be debunked at some point.

And I am also hoping at some point another stereotype will fall to side as well.
I am hoping to get female customers with reptiles!

1 comment:

  1. Don't count on that debunking any time soon. My husband flinches at the cost of a tube of lipstick. He'd flat out die if he came with me on the day I replace my foundation.

    ReplyDelete