Wednesday, July 14, 2010

true confessions


Yesterday I was busy with the dogs and squeezing errands in as well. I didn't have time to stop by my house to make lunch. I was starving too.

So I stopped by dunkin donuts....

I got an egg white flatbread and and ice tea with a drop of skim milk.

In weight watcher terms this was a "5 point' lunch.

I swear to God, I just looked at the donuts.

There they were just sitting there all happy and colorful perched on the bubblegum pink paper beckoning me with their sweet talk.

But I ignored them.

Again, despite my efforts of living a healthy lifestyle, this morning I was rudely awaken with a nasty migraine. My whole body ached like I had the flu. I couldn't run this morning so I did some yoga stretches instead. I was so stiff and sore. When I was younger I was so flexible. Freaky flexible. Now, I feel like a stiff ol' turd.

I hate being out of my progressive routine. I waited a few hours and did a light easy workout down in cell block #9. I push myself to stay "on the program".

My close friends, including my cousin are what I consider 'health nuts". They tout the virtues of blueberries, flax seed, soy milk and vitamen suppliments. I respect their opinions and now, I take my vitamens and eat blueberries.

Yesterday, as I was standing in line with my groceries awaiting check out I can tell what people look like just by eyeing what they buy for groceries. The cart in front of me had two cases of diet tonic, at least 6 boxes of lean cuisine TV dinners, one bag of vegetables, bananas, 3 different bags of cheetos, drakes cupcakes, fruit loops cereal, and various boxes of cookies. When I looked up the lady in line in front of me had a huge bum.

I know that sounds bratty but it was true.

The lady in front of her had 20 cans of cat food, 3 boxes of cat litter, toilet paper and a bag of grapes. Her hair was a mess, her clothes were covered in cat hair and I could smell cat piss from where I was standing. Sorry, but I couldn't help observing.

I'm not going to fool you though, I still have my glass case with a hammer propped up next to it holding two boxes of poptarts and a bottle of Cayman gold just in case Seabrook melts down.

Thank God it is an overcast day today.

I need to take it slow and easy with the dogs today.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha... I often observe the contents of shopping carts before I observe the purchaser. 9 times out of 10, my mental image is spot on. It's actually kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of your emergency stash of pop tarts and beer, V. It reminds me that I need to think of what mine would be. Hum-mmmm. How about an Almond Joy with a gin and tonic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought some pop tarts the other day and thought about you. I've got a few more pounds to go though myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Chris. I would never put beer in my glass case.
    I have Cayman gold. 110% proof RUM.
    The stuff is deadly.

    ReplyDelete