Friday, September 30, 2011

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 43







As I was feeding the pigeons on the beach I spotted "cranky-40-something-singleton-who -still-lives-with-his-parents- guy "plowing down the street with his dog. As always, he let his dog go to run after the pigeons.

He is such a sour a$$hole. Regardless, I smile and say 'hi' to him when he passes by and he, in return, scowls at me.





I've notice one pigeon in particular in the new group on the beach that is dark grey with a brown neck. His/her head appears to be "frosted" over the brown. I call this one "Frosted".

I swear that this one had visited my back deck the day approximately 50 pigeons landed on my back deck. This one is pretty distinguishable. The two black pigeons that live by the fire-station still visit daily on a regular basis.





Craow Dum seems to be settled into his daily routine. He is eating pretty good. I still worry about the gravelly noises he makes. I suspect that perhaps one of his air sacs was punctured when he was tossed out of the nest. He seems healthy other than this.

He follows me around like a dog and sits by my feet.

If I tap the floor he will come running towards me. If I sit on the couch I will find him sitting next to my feet. If I am having a meal in the dining room, there he is again. Sometimes he scares the crap out of me because all of a sudden he will just appear. I can't help but think of that US postal service commercial where this couple is planning on returning a package, turns around and this clown doll appears.(It's kind of funny)





I leave the ramp door down on Craow Dum's pigeon house so he can go in and out of it when he feels like it. He seems to like his house but has a tantrum at night when I have to lock him up in it for bedtime. Oh yeah, he will squawk and hit me with his wings. Once I stroke his little head he will calm down.

The other birds are Ok with him now too.

He is a funny little thing.


* the above photos are pigeon cotes. I'm sure Craow Dum would love to live in the top castle-like pigeon cote as used in, I believe, Belgium. How la de da!!

**The rabbit hutch pictured below that is similar to what Craow Dum's pigeon cote looks like with a down-ward walk up ramp.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting those pictures of pigeon cotes, V. I was wondering what they looked like. CD is certainly going to have a good life with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper with him... And he with you!

    ReplyDelete