Monday, September 12, 2011

Lucy shoes



Have you ever felt you were in an "I love Lucy" episode?



Well, I did a 'Lucy".



I couldn't help myself.



I clicked onto that "justfabulous" shoe site. They have pages of colorful sky high heels.



Oh , it's just like looking at shelves of sprinkle donuts. Yum!



And yes, I ordered a pair of teal platform shoes that were half price. THEY WERE HALF PRICE!



(Mind you, I never have the urge to even glance at shoes in a LLbean catalog web-site. Oh gross!)



When I got the package in the mail I ran upstairs so my husband wouldn't see my new treasure. (Oh come on! You've done it too!)



As I pulled those delicious looking shoes out of the box I checked the receipt and all the other mailing info enclosed. As I was reading one "VIP" envelope enclosure I had realized I was now in a "shoe of the month club". Every month a new pair of shoes would be mailed to me according to "my profile" and deducted automatically from of my credit card.



Oh my God.



This is like a "whiskey of the month club" for an alcoholic.



My husband would kill me.



I mean, it would be pretty cool getting a new cool pair of shoes every month.



BUT



I gotta stop feeding this addiction.



I had to fess up, sit him down and explain my predictament.



I felt just like "Lucy".



He was actually OK with it.



He just calmly said, "just call them up and cancel the membership, that's all".



And that is what I did.


I had some 'splaining" to do.



3 comments:

  1. He he he HA HA HA! You reminded me of a similar predicament that I found myself in quite a few years ago with the "Charles of the Ritz" make-up club. I spent my birthday money on some eye shadow... next thing you know I was getting full makeup pallets plus skin lotions, and body products once a month (which I had to hide so my mother wouldn't see me with makeup)... I was so excited!...until they called the house to collect their $20.00 per month payment. I was 11. My folks weren't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky high platforms? Really? You could break your ankle (or poke your eye out).

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you had an excuse, Fox. You were only 11 years old!

    ReplyDelete