Saturday, September 3, 2011

lead us into temptation...



The internet can be a dangerous thing.



The internet can also be a God-send as far as making information so accessable. I find all kinds of cheap flight deals. I find all kinds of info on my birds as well.



However.



If you have an obsessive personality or any kind of addiction predilection the internet is just the vehicle to enable you.



Oh boy..



I made the mistake of clicking onto a pop-up ad called "justfabulous".



It's a website just devoted to gorgeous shoes and purses at "affordable prices".



As I clicked on, I looked over my shoulder to make sure my husband didn't see what I was doing.



And yes, he has caught me before.



"Don't tell me you are looking at shoes again".



I jump and click the "X" button. I wait til he leaves the room and I click back on again.



There they are: Beautiful shoes.



Purple stilletos.



Hot pink pumps.



Lime green platforms.



A banner flashes on stating: FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS HALF PRICE FIRST ORDER WITH FREE SHIPPING!



My heart is pounding. My palms are sweating.



I mean, how can I resist such a deal, right? Free shipping AND half price for one little order?



Teal blue platforms.



They are beckoning me to just try them on.



Seriously, what would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Go to a store and try them on... Once you realize that your feet were not made to feel comfortable in them, and your legs and back were not made to walk in them... you'll put them down, and feel better. Looking at them is good... there's no harm in looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that works for you Foxy but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. One time, I tried on a pair of Stuart Weitzmann booties which looked soooooo hot. (I just wanted to just LOOK at them, that's all)
    They cost (ready?) $450.00.
    Good thing both my husband and long time girl-friend were present and physically YANKED me out of the store before I could cause any serious damage.

    ReplyDelete