Sunday, September 11, 2011

dive # 838 & 839 Sept 11 2011



Today is September 11th.



It is has been ten years since those disgusting sicko terrorist pigs hijacked planes and killed thousands of innocent Americans.



It's a sad day for America.



Today, just like the day ten years ago, it was a spectacular day, weather-wise.



Blue-skies. Cool temps.



Days like today make me stop and reflect on how lucky I am.






Dive #838






Yup, I am a lucky SOB.



I took my newly resealed dry suit out for a test 'dive' today.



I am lucky to be able to have the opportunity and the freedom to go diving.



I am lucky to be diving with my friends who are of all ages-both males and females.



I am lucky to be able to reach into my lunch box to enjoy a fresh vegetable sandwich of my choosing.



Simple little things like that I am grateful for.



We anchored at "naked man beach" in hopes for finding schooling dog-fish.

Fred, Chris, Pat and Pete were in charge. The water was a chilly 55F at 35 feet . The viz was maybe 2 feet on the surface but better with a range of 10-13 feet at the bottom. There was a little bit of current so you had to pay attention to it.



Alex was filming. Bill was scouting for dog-fish. I hung out with Alex while he was filming in hopes of seeing a passing dog fish.



No dog-fish swam by but my dry suit kept me warm and dry.



Prior to donning my suit, my zipper gave me a bit of problem so I had cleaned all the wax off it with a tooth-brush and rubbed some dish deterent on it to loosen it up.


It seemed to have worked and I was able to get in the water with it zipped.






dive #389



Can I count this as a dive?

I only had 500psi left in my tank but hey, I wanted to snoop around Folly cove.

As soon as I jumped in I saw loads of cunners and a large sea raven. The viz was still horrendous but at least a made a second dive.



Pete helped a family on a boat that lost their anchor. He loves a "project". He found and retrieved their anchor in less than five minutes. He made their day.



We all had a great day of diving and enjoyed each other's company.



As Fred would say, "it's great to be us!"



Yes, we are lucky.






1 comment: