Thursday, September 8, 2011

the wild pigeons of salisbury beach part 37




I was just starting to relax in regards to caring for my pigeon until after I posted my blog this morning. just as I was just ready to go out and walk dogs I noticed two gelatinous blobs inside Craow Dum's tank.




What the F*&^?!?!




It looked like he expectorated a glob of pale yellow mucus like a gross old guy would on the side-walk..




I promptly emailed my vet and then, I took photos of the blobs and Craow Dum's face. His eyes look like they are protruding. I don't know if it is my imagination but I thought I would inform the vet. I think he might have a sinus infection because of the bulging eyes which may indicate he has chlamydia.




Shit




His appetite is good and he is active. The only thing I can do now is wait to hear from the vet.


***post note: My vet got back to me after viewing the photos. She thinks the yellow stuff is just urates. She thought he looked pretty good in the photo. I will be taking him in for a recheck next week after he completes his giardia meds.He's eating good, drinking on his own, flapping his wings and pooping up a storm. All those things are good signs.

I am just a "Nervous Nelly" worrying over this little one.




* see above photo and check out his deformed beak

2 comments:

  1. I just don't know how you do it, V. You're definitely one in a million. That little guy is luck you found him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A vet who communicates promptly. What a great concept. It certainly helps relieve worry, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete