Friday, September 2, 2011

underwear and ice-cream



I called my cousin up and the conversation went like this:



"Hey cuz, I just made pistachio ice-cream. Come on over!"



"Pistachio ice-cream? I've never had it before"



"Are you serious?"



"No, I only get vanilla. If I am adventurous, I'll get chocolate chip"



"Are you shitting me? Do you also wear granny panties?"



"What?" "What are you talking about?"



"Ha ha ha ha!" "I equate flavors of ice-cream with what type of underwear people wear"



"What the...!?!?!"






So there you have it.






I guess I equate vanilla ice-cream with someone who would wear white high waisted undies.



I hate white underwear.



(I don't hate vanilla ic-cream but I find it boring.)



I think of when I had to work in a nursing home or dentist office when you had to wear granny white undies under your white uniforms. It would'nt be cool to wear red, white and blue bikinis under a white uniform. Everytime you bend over somebody would inevitably salute to you.



OK I think I made my point.



I could go on and on about underwear but I will stop here.



And I will go back to the pistachio ice-cream topic.



I had a craving for pistachio ice-cream so I looked at different recipes on the internet. Most were just loaded with fat and calories and the fat free versions I know would taste like flavored ice crap. My banana ice-cream recipe is still tops! It's low fat, healthy and yummy!



So I made up my own version of pistachio ice-cream and it was spectacular. It is not fat free but low fat (appx 6 grams of fat compaired to some versions I read that were 25 grams of fat! OMG!)






2 cans of cold regular evaporated milk



package of instant pistachio pudding



3 tsp of sugar



1/2 teas of vanilla



1/2 cup of shelled chopped WASHED pistachios



1/4 tsp of saffron (Thank you Larient!)






Put all ingredients in blender, except nuts. Pour inmixed ingredients in a glass container and leave in refrig for at least 6 hours before puttting ingredients in ice-cream maker.



Pour in ice-cream maker when ready , then nuts.



Viola! A culinary delight!



Yes, you may eat your pistachio ice-cream wearing your lime green leopard print french cut knickies. :-P

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That sounds amazing! I LOVE pistachio ice cream. How is it possible that someone actually made it to adult-hood without experiencing pistachio ice cream? I'm baffled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Stay away from the white underwear!

    ReplyDelete