Thursday, September 29, 2011

fashion report





I kind of look at fashion as 'wearable art".





I've created and made my own clothes for this very reason but I always like to see what is "out there' in retail stores, boutiques, thrift shops, and even websites such as etsy.com.





For the most part, I don't really care for the department stores such as Kohl's and Macy's. Maybe it is a subliminal prejudice I have against midwestern based stores, I don't know.



I do have to say since Filene's in Boston closed down the Macy's clothing line has gone down the shitter. Macy's waste money on getting silly celebrities to appear in their advertisements rather than upgrading their product line.



That's my opinion and I know former Filene fans agree. Macy's used to have a upscale "New York city vibe" and now it is a crappy middle of the road mid-American style.



Boring, expensive and poor quality. Filenes at least gave Macy's a healthy competition.





With that being said, Kohl's has now introduced "the Jennifer Lopez collection".





OK I'm a JLO fan so it peeked my curiosity. She always looks so polished and classy so I had to check it out.





I didn't care for the sweaters. I hate acrylic. yuck.





However, the shoes were "my style" (sky high platforms) and the dresses were also pretty nice (lots of wrap dresses that look good on any figure).





I ended up buying the dress she is modeling (above) but in a rich chocolate color. It fits well and the material is solid. It is as nice as any high end designer dress I've tried on.





I liked the JLo purses too but they are a little pricey. As always, I watch for sales. I have to say when Kohl's has a sale with added email coupons you can really get a bargain.





Another 'retailer" has also sparked an interest is......





Kmart.





Seriously.





Sophia Vergara has collection there (kmart.com).



She is the insanely gorgeous actress on the TV show"modern family". I just had to look.





She sells a bustier leopard print dress (online only for $44.99) that looks exactly like the Versace number that cutie, Jenna Fischer from the tv show "the Office' modeled a few months ago on the cover of RedBook magazine.





Really!





So there you have it, today's "fashion report".






JLo (Kohl's) gets a thumbs up and Sophia Vergara (Kmart.com) gets a thumbs up.






And Macy's gets a double thumbs down.

3 comments:

  1. I wore my JLo dress last weekend for dinner AND out with my parents.:-)It looks classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, V! People out here won't buy those fashions because they come from Kohls, and Kmart. I say...if it looks nice, and it's made well...and it fits, I'm wearing it!

    ReplyDelete