Friday, June 1, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 73

Ahhhh summer!
I cleaned up my bike, added air to the tires and took it to the beach for the first time this season.
Don't laugh but it is a pee wee Herman bike but it is perfect for the type of bike riding I do. I go to the beach and back.It's a total of five miles back & forth. That's all and enough riding for me. It has a basket for my towel and water. My husband bought me a "special' three stooges bell to give it the added effect.
It was lovely day. I took the bike down to public beach to sit and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the beach.
And of course, I am so lame. Here I am taking photos with my camera phone of the "afternoon' pigeons. These pigeons are a different crowd than the "morning" pigeons.I haven't seen "Kim" the white pigeon lately. Sadly, I found a squished pigeon on the road.
As I was sitting here watching the pigeon this little boy started to throw sand at the birds. I said, "Hey, don't do that! That is mean!"
The little shit then turned and threw sand at me.
It's no wonder I like birds better than people.

No comments:

Post a Comment