Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello!??! Is anyone there?

OK  I'm gonna sound bitchy. (And yes, even more bitchy-er than my usual self)
Don't you feel that no one listens to you AT ALL?
Other than the usual shit that you are just simply ignored (like at a doctor's appointment) 
Say your appointment is at 11:00 but you you don't even get seen til 12:15. You tell the doctor your symptoms even though he/she is looking at their watch. You know what is going on is not normal and it is not what he/she hurriedly projects of what he/she thinks it is, even though you haven't even  finished your sentence describing your symptoms.
sigh...
Years ago my throat swelled up like a bull frog's ranula. This was sooo not normal. I went to three different doctors and all three shit-heads told me it was "a pulled muscle". I know what a pulled muscle feels like and this was definitely not a pulled muscle It took a dentist to correctly identify that I  had an enlarged thyroid.
OK
People seem even more out of touch and oblivious to the world since the invention of the cell phone and ipod. Nobody seems to pay attention to anybody in the periphery .
 It is just downright scary driving on a highway now.
You see tons of nitwits posted on youtube walking into walls, streets, pot-holes, fountains etc...while texting, talking on their cell phones or grooving to their ipod tunes.
I've been to the registry of motor vehicles three (or is it four) times to register my father's truck. Why the F*&^  don't they tell you what you need the first f*&^ing time you go in? Why can't they look over your stuff and explicitly tell you that you need A, B and C the first time?
This weekend was father's day. My father wanted to go to the Olive garden restaurant. I got a bit nervous because it seems that every single time I go there they seat you 5 miles in the back. I called ahead to see if I could get 'call ahead seating" like I  do with the 99 restaurant. They said "no" reservations. It is first come first served.
OK
We get there and of course, there is a huge queue of people. I asked the host to seat us (as I point to the closest group of tables) as soon as a table opens up there.I explained to them that my father can't walk far-even with a walker.Thirty minutes go by and the hosts says the our table is ready. My father gets up and starts his way to the table. We are then diverted to a different table about 15-20 feet away from the requested table.
!?
I couldn't refuse it because my father was now up and walking. Now to turn around back to the waiting area would've been one big pain. Needless to say I was annoyed. I also knew that my father was going be completely exhausted after today.
My mother ordered a salad without dressing. She is allergic to vinegar and guess what? Her salad was drenched in dressing.(This could have been a medical emergency)
DOESN"T ANYONE LISTEN?
I kept cool though despite my annoyance. My father was happy and enjoyed his meal. He said the Olive Garden was one of his favorite restaurants so I "politely" told the waitress of "the mistake" with my mother's salad and to make the proper (and safe) exchange.
My husband sometimes thinks I am being bitchy when I repeat myself when I want to make my point clear if I am ordering something.. He will say, "they heard you the first time!" Unfortunately, when (whoever) 
I' ve dealt with still F*&^s up a request my husband will look at me sheepishly, "I guess you were right..they weren't paying attention".
The point is: I don't want to be right. I just want people to pay attention!!


2 comments:

  1. You are totally right, V. The doofusses on the road to Worcester aren't holding the phone to their ear anymore, they're looking down into their lap...texting, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete