Thursday, June 28, 2012

dogs in the city

There has been a new TV show on the regular network channel called "Dogs in the City". The show is similar to the "Dog Whisperer" in a sense that neurotic, emotionally needy, over-weight people need help solving the problems that are making their dogs: neurotic, emotionally needy and over- weight.
And like the "Dog whisperer" the star of this show, Justin Silver, is, 'easy on the eyes".
It is funny how people's "issues" are transferred onto their dogs making the dogs awful to deal with.  Justin tries to help the owners of these f*&^ed up dogs to first, correct their own emotionally F*&^ed up situations. I, myself, have dealt with these sort of people, "Oooh he's my baaaaby!", as their dog charges at you viciously and the owners blame you that their 'baby" is acting that way. Siiiiiiggggh......(eye roll)
Anyways.
I like the show.
Justin is cute. The people are ridiculous and the dogs are funny.
Yesterday as I was doing my usual evening routine of cleaning the bird cages and vacuuming the floor of the bird room I could hear this God awful yelping of a dog.
My birds were screeching and flying around in a wild panic. I looked out the window to see what was going on and I saw a small dog in a harness thrashing around screaming in pain. Cars were stopped and people were racing around with a towel gathering him up.
I am not sure what actually happened.
As I was getting my mind around what was happening I was ready to bolt out of the door with a blanket. The dog went limp as a couple picked him up to place in the back of their car.
My guess is that the dog was seated in a harness but not restrained, jumped out of a moving car through an open window and got slammed around as the car was moving as a result.
Sadly, I think the dog died due to his injuries.
The whole thing happened so fast.
Hopefully, I'll find out from my neighbors if they have any idea of what had happened and if the dog was saved.

1 comment:

  1. You have a front row seat to the "Real Dogs of the City," V. That's going to be the next version of that show. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete