Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yes, I am the crazy bird-lady! part 2

We are seriously thinking of buying a (used) RV so we can take our birds on vacation with us. I pine every time I see (especially a lady) drive by on a motorcycle but my husband isn't interested in riding a motorcycle with me plus it means more time away from the birds.
The same goes with getting a sailboat. So traveling about in a RV makes perfect sense to us. Another plus to having a RV is that it is a traveling bed and toilet. I am predictably unpredictably sick all the time so I think this is a good thing to have if I want to do some vacationing when I have to deal with this problem.
As I sit here and type I have Dover the cockatiel on my shoulder and Craow Dum the pigeon by my feet.
I know many people probably roll their eyes at me and wonder what is the point of having these birds-especially since they require so much care. Well, it is like the ol' Harley moto; "if you have to explain you'll never understand".
As a result of being  a 'bird person" you come across different people. I remember "my friend John" sent me an article about a wild life bird rehabber from Gloucester. We sort of linked up through a pigeon-talk chat group.
Please check this out    www.CAwildbirdrescue.org
"Jodi" is selling jewelry to raise money for her rescue. This time of the year is a chock-a-block time of caring for injured and orphaned animals
As I mentioned on my last post, I received a couple of calls regarding wildbirds.As you all know, I have Craow Dum the pigeon as a full time resident at my house.(JFYI pigeons are not  listed under "wildlife"protection. They are actually "feral" domestic. Sadly, they have no protection because they are considered a "nuisance" animal)
* Here is photo I took with my camera phone of a nest I found lying on the road while I was walking Mattie the Jack Russell. I suspect a crow or a cat knocked the nest out of the tree. I am always on the lookout for critters in need.

1 comment: