Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 74

I haven't been down to the beach is the last two days because of the pouring rain and I have been having these nonstop monster head-aches.
I hope the pigeons on the beach are OK.
I had just read a disturbing post on the pigeon biz chat group.
I just read the post, but not the link, that would direct me to the full detailed story. I couldn't bring my self to view the news link.
A church in NYC set up netting around the windows to prevent pigeons from perching on the sills. Apparently numerous pigeons were getting caught and stuck in the netting left to die from starvation and the elements.
One of ladies from the pigeon group took a two hour drive out to investigate the situation. Sadly, the story was true and the birds were already dead and disposed of. She talked to the people in charge of maintenance to see if something could be done not to ensnare the birds. From what she wrote other folks from animal rights group also talked to the workers as well. Not wanting to further bring bad press they agreed to a compromise of doing something to the nets so the birds would not get trapped.
The fact that this had happened with intent causing numerous of helpless pigeons to die a horrible cruel death  from a church's orders only further mars the reputation of the Catholic church.
Really?!?!
Where were the priests?
What happened to honoring St. Francis?
Was this just another example of the Church looking the other way?
Or were they just disregarded as not  viable living creatures thinking that nobody would care?
I am sick to my stomach

3 comments: