Sunday, March 25, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 62


Yesterday, my long time pal and I found a real tea house up in Somersworth, New Hampshire.
My husband and I took her there to celebrate her birthday.
Yes, real flavorful tea brewed in pots served in tea cups along with finger sandwiches and scones.
Real tea.
I can understand why a wine connoisseur would wrinkle their noses up if someone served them wine with a twist off cap served in a plastic cup. I certainly feel that way about tea. Both my girl-friend and I appreciate a proper cup of tea so this place was delightful.
Since I am still tethered to the house because of the pigeon and his medicine regiment, I had to get back right after our afternoon treat.
The pigeon was waiting patiently for our arrival back. He doesn't like to poop in his cage in order to keep his living area clean .He will poop as soon as I open up his pen.
As soon as I opened his door, he stretched his wings and let out a big humongous "plop" on the floor. I am so used to following the birds around and meticulously cleaning up after them that it doesn't really phase me anymore.
I thought my friend was either going to pass out or puke once the pigeon dropped his bomb.
I heard this, "oh my F*&^ing God..how disgusting!"
I turned to see the plate-size splat and cracked up over her horrified reaction.
(* And of course, I cleaned up the mess immediately. Hygiene is absolutely essential in order to keeping everyone healthy).
It didn't help the situation either when I realized Craow Dum was now perched on the couch badly needing his nares (nose) to be wiped as well. (Just like a booger-nose kid.) I don't think she is used to so many birds, especially with 'special needs"-even though she always had 'keets as a kid.I have to admit it can get pretty gross at times!
The birds and their 'needs" don't seem to, however, phase my cousin. I think it is because she has three dogs who get 'into things" at times. Both "Jackie" and "Cuddles" occasionally have "accidents" since they both have health issues so she is definitely accustomed to 'grossness".
Meanwhile, "Patches" (male cockatiel) was screaming bloody murder. It was slowly approaching the 'witching hour" (dinner time) where he screams and demands attention. Once he gets going, the rest join in. For some reason, their sound doesn't bother me (whereas I can't stand pop/rock music for the most part!)
I think my poor friend has had enough of the birds shenanigans and decided this was her time to depart. She seemed to like her birthday gifts and thankfully, the new tea house was a hit so hopefully, she had a nice birthday.
Never a dull moment in birdy-ville....

* photo above was done from my pigeon chat group

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before, I'll say it again...you truly are a Saint. Those are some lucky birds right there.

    ReplyDelete