Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bless me father for I have ......



I just got the kohl's sale flyer with a 30% off coupon attached to it. They had these summer lounge chairs on sale for a decent price. I have nothing to sit on the back deck so I figured I get one of these comfortable airy loungers to enjoy the sunshine. Of course, I drive to my local store and they are sold out of the loungers.
*I do have to say, the sales-ladies that work at Kohls are terrific with customer service.They are extremely helpful and accommodating. One lady I dealt with, called a few stores in the area to see if they had any of those particular model loungers. Unfortunately, every store she called were completely sold out.
As I was just about to leave the store empty handed I pass by the shoe department.
As you might recall, one of my New Year's resolutions was to not to buy any more shoes.
The brightly coloured spring collection caught my eye as well as the blaring 50-60% off SALE sign.
Oh what the heck, what harm is it to just look, right?
I'm just looking, that's all and just seeing if the size 8.5 fits, just for fun.
That's all.
Oooh what is this cute little pair hiding behind this box? How much are these? hmmm..
I also have that 30% off coupon tucked away in my purse. I'd hate to waste it, you know.
Oh what a fab colour! OK I'll put these back since I don't care too much for peep-toe pumps.
I would never wear peep-toe pumps but these wisteria coloured platform sandals are just gorgeous, as well as these classy two tone spectator booties. I would be a fool to pass up these almost give-away bargains, right?
OK OK..I bought the platform sandals and booties. But I put all the other shoes I tried on back on the shelf.
Doesn't that count for SOME kind of measure of self constraint?
Shit, do I now have to go to confession?

4 comments:

  1. Pictures! We need pictures to validate the extent of your descent into shoe madness. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See above platform sandal-except for in a wisteria (blueish)colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That certainly makes a statement, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! Those are great! And yes...not buying everything in the store shows great restraint!

    ReplyDelete