Thursday, March 1, 2012

GCB


I've seen this ad on ABC for this upcoming TV show called "GCB".
It kind of looked rather funny being similar to "Desperate housewives".
However
As I kept seeing the ad I was noticing things that were making me cringe.
First of all, the title, GCB.
What does that mean?
It stands for "Good Christian Bitches".
Ah..HELLO!?!
Does anyone else find this offensive?!?
I then thought well maybe other people aren't paying attention to these three letters and then I see these women wearing staring-you-in--your-face crucifixes dangling around their necks and crosses decorating their hats. (!?)
Why is it OK to shit on Christians where as any other religious group would be up at arms?
It just seems odd. I know some people would say in defense, "oh it's not about Christians like you".
I remember when I was in New Zealand and my (former) in-laws were dissing Americans on how stupid, fat and materialistic they were. Both my mother and sister were both thinking and nodding their heads in agreement because they were talking about other Americans, not them.
Right?
I confronted the Kiwis and said that was obnoxious and downright insulting.
They scrambled over their words and said, "oh we didn't mean you!".
I then said, "then who do you mean since we are the only Americans you know?"
You could hear a pin drop.
My mother quickly changed the subject to avoid any further discord.
She wanted to be friends with them even though I felt it was a complete affront on their part.
My point is : what was the point of the insults? What's the gain?
Some days I just don't 'get the so called "joke".
My guess is that this new TV show will have some backlash.

No comments:

Post a Comment