Thursday, April 1, 2010

the Wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 6


I haven't been to the beach all week due to the torrential flooding rains. As of a result of having to be out in the crappy weather to walk dogs I got sick. I haven't had a cold/virus like this since community college! Needless to say, I feel like crap and I am not a happy camper. Headache, sore throat, snotty nose, itchy eyes and body aches. Ugh...
The poor dogs hate having to go out in this weather too. Mattie hides under the bed. Bribing her with treats aren't working anymore.
At least my cellar isn't flooded to the first floor or the sewer hasn't backed up in my tub like so many people in our area. We've had record rainfall since 1955. In one town (I think Freetown) the sewer pipe exploded due to so much rain. The paved crumpled street looked like they had an earthquake.
There is a break in the sky right now so I am going to try to get out and walk the dogs early before the sky starts to piss down more rain.
I just got my "Cesar'sway" magazine and my new "Birdtalk" magazine in the mail so after I do what I need to do I am going to hunker down with my magazines and nice hot cup of tea. I need to get well.
I miss the pigeons. I hope they are able to survive the storm.
Hopefully, I will be able to see them and feed them on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to trading Cesar's Way and AARP magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun. Don't forget the extra large bag of bird feed when you finally make it back to the pigeons..they're going to be starving!

    ReplyDelete