Thursday, April 29, 2010

the BALLS!


After seeing the cute animated movie "Up" I decided to fulfil another dream vacation quest so I booked a trip to Atlantis located on Paradise Island in Nassau Bahamas. This place was #2 on my "bucket list" of places to go.
"My friend John" and his lovely wife stayed at the Comfort Suites abutting Atlantis which have all the same Atlantis privileges without the noisy crowds, long waits at the elevators and huge price tag. He highly recommended it and he was right on.
We booked with Liberty travel. I wanted a direct nonstop flight so the agent found a deal with Jetblue. The tixs were $800.00pp but they had a deal that you buy one tix and get a companion tix free. That worked for me.
I tried not to have any expectations so I could be surprised when I got there.
When we got on the plane I thought there might be a major problem. Another passenger had the same seat assignment as I my husband. I thought to myself, "oh shit, they are going to kick us off the plane and stick us on a later flight with stop-overs." I already had planned in my head of what I was going to do if they did that. I would negotiate free ticket vouchers to be used sometime in the future. If I was going to be inconvenienced I would demand to be compensated.
Well, they put us in the front rows with the extra leg room on the same flight.
It was great.
Not only that they served us real dunkin donuts coffee! I was a happy camper. OK so far so good.
I had seen brochures of Atlantis but the pictures do not give this place justice.
It was one of the few times in my life that my jaw dropped.
The detail.
The art work.
The cleanliness.
This place made Disney World look like a ghetto.
OMG! Is this what heaven looks like?!?
The fish tanks...
OMG there are fish tanks everywhere similar to the GOT tank at the New England Aquarium but located everywhere you look. Outside in the park there are lagoons filled with sharks and rays. It was a fish lovers dream.
This place is THE BALLS!...
(more later...)

1 comment: