Friday, November 30, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 84

Yup, we still go out early morning and feed the pigeons. After I feed them it can be kind of funny because they will run after me looking for more. I look like the Pied Piper of pigeons with this herd of fifty or more pigeons running after me.
Yesterday, I had a craving for some beach pizza. After I walked Mattie I stopped by the beach for a slice of pizza. As I sat in my car (it was freezing out!) enjoying my pizza watching the waves crash on the shore I noticed a guy feeding the pigeons.The pigeons seemed to recognize this guy who worked at one of the local beach front bars..They were on his head and sitting on his hand.
I know sometimes in the morning the pigeons will jump on my arm to get the first dibs at the food.I found it refreshing that someone else cared about the pigeons too. Usually I am harassed by the "40-something-guy-who-still-lives-with-his-mother". I usually smile brightly at him and say,"hi" to diffuse the situation but he just scowls and tries to sic his dog at the birds.
He is kind of an Assh@le, really.
Just recently, I've noticed a lady taking photos of the pigeons early morning just after I feed them.I approached her and said,"I'm glad you appreciate the beauty of these pigeons!" She told me she had been observing my interaction with the birds and found it fascinating. She has been photographing  me with birds and would like to share some of those photos.
Hopefully we will meet up and I will post some of those photos. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see them. I'll bet there are big smiles on the birds' beaks.

    ReplyDelete