Thursday, November 29, 2012

I can't wait for christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVIzyqT05Oc
* this is first time in a long time I've listened to a decent Christmas song. Well done Mindi Ahair!

OK is it my imagination or does the time fly by in a blur?!
It seems as though when Labor Day hits there is this shroud that starts to come down.
I start to get panicky for some reason, and depressed. I notice that my tan starts to fade. I wonder if the trees feel this way when their leaves start to turn?
And of course, when Halloween hits I resign myself that the cold weather is coming as the mornings become darker and darker.I am now feeling like compost instead of colorful leaves.
And then we are catapulted into Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The good thing about Christmas is that you are busy doing stuff.
I like picking out and sending cards. I like the glittery dress up parties. Black Friday (and shopping in general)  is a sport for me. Some things aren't as fun for me anymore but that is OK I 've adapted.
I just put up a small live tree with just few ornaments. Things are different and times change but again, I'm Ok with that.
And yet,I still feel sick after the holidays are over. I don't do well in the winter. I try to brace myself for the dark, cold, biting slide into January and February-although I dread it.
Right now, I am just going to focus on fun Christmas activities enjoying those moments with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment