Saturday, November 10, 2012

In an instant..your life could change forever..

When I read about all these natural (and unnatural disasters) that happen in an instant. They can change a person's life in a heart-beat. Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, floods, hurricanes, pyschopaths, drunk drivers, collapsing bridges, and diseases, etc.. etc....All by chance.
How do you prevent things from happening ? How do you prepare yourself?
People in New York and New Jersey are still without electricity. And it's cold.
Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner down the street to celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary  When we left the restaurant, it was dark.
As we were driving down the street, I noticed a slight reflection bouncing off the darken street that looked like a shadow of a person crossing the street. I realized my husband was not slowing down and yet, he was traveling under the speed limit. Apparently he did NOT see the slow moving figure wearing dark clothing languidly crossing the street  like a lumbering raccoon while looking down at his cell phone texting or whatever, completely oblivious to traffic.
I screamed, "WATCH IT! WATCH IT!"
 I gasped, waiting for the thud of that idiot off the hood of the car.
At the last split second, my husband swerved missing that guy by less than an inch  almost colliding into oncoming traffic on the other side.As I yanked my head to the side to see where that guy was .I noticed that he kept on walking  still looking down on his cell phone completely oblivious of what was going on around him.
What the hell?!?!?
OMG what a freakin' shithead.
In a fraction of a second, that guy could have been killed.
Lives would have been changed forever.
We were both shaking after that incident.
I am still sick over what could have happened.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds scary, V. I'm glad I have my "traffic coach" in the shotgun seat on our Tuesday and Thursday trips out to Worcester at 5:30 AM. The cars dodge in and out of lanes with abandon. Which is what your oblivious jaywalker was doing...only in slow motion.

    You deserve an official Pedestrian Coach button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still shake my head over that incident. One time this past summer while crossing over that big scary bridge over to York Maine I spotted a guy next to me in a car DRIVING OVER THE BIG SCARY BRIDGE TEXTING!!!

    ReplyDelete