Thursday, November 8, 2012

Frankenpigeon part 3

It's been three weeks now on the massive four punch doses of medicine for Craow Dum. I have to drive all the way to Beverly to pick up his meds and it is very expensive.
My pet sitter was a life saver when I was away in Bonaire. I showed her how to administer the meds and she  did it! What a releif that was to have her do this!
Craow Dum still does not seem affected one way or another by the meds. I am, however, not sure if it is having any affect.I still do not know. I keep in touch with my 'pigeon chat' folks and with a woman from Romania who has had a similar issue with her pigeon.
Craow Dum's "cyst" is, in fact, getting larger by the day. It is bursting through the top of his head (as you can see from the above photo) Fluid is leaking around it. I'm not sure if that is plasma or mucus emerging.
 It is all pretty gross.
What I am hoping will happen is that the "cyst' just burst and falls off like a scab. That is what I am waiting for. As usual, I keep him/her clean and well fed.
I have enough meds prescribed to me for another three weeks.
What ever it is it is a tenacious infection mixed with a low immunity to fight infection due to the circovirus.
I am still hoping and praying for a miracle. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment