Sunday, December 2, 2012

taubenmutter

"Rabenmutter' is translated in German meaning 'raven mother". However it is a term used for a "bad mother" for someone who is mean and cruel.
"Tabenmutter" is translated in German meaning "pigeon mother". This is a term used for someone who feeds and cares for pigeons. Stereotypically, this describes a elderly pensioner who sits at park benches and feeds the pigeons despite other people's disdain for them.
Hmmmmm...ah oh...
Yesterday morning I came across two sad sights on the beach.
It was dusk and I saw feathers flapping.
I stopped the car and ran to the beach front where two pigeons were run over by a car.. Their little bodies were still warm but limp.
 I felt sick to my stomach.
Jesus.
Really?
I scooped them up and placed them on the sand to avoid further disrespect.
Was this an accident or a deliberate act of cruelty?
I didn't see the car that did this.
Could it be my fault that they got run over?
Could have somebody did it as against me or was it an accident? Perhaps the birds wait for me at dusk when their eye sight isn't as good to avoid those stupid drivers.
Regardless, I felt terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment