Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a dark day


I just started coming out of three week migraine haze.

I went downstairs in cell block #9 to do an easy workout.

I want to start feeling normal again.

I turned on Fox 25 news.

To my horror, the news showed a clip from a Columbian soccer field with a live owl sitting on the field. The owl was deliberately hit with a soccer ball and THEN, kicked in the face by Panamian soccer player Luis Morena.

Why?

I was in shock and burst out crying.

I am shaking just writing this.

Last monday, I watched the TV program "House". In one scene it showed this couple in this la de da Japanese restaurant. They were presented with a delicacy of wiggling octopus tentacles that must have been just severed from a live octopus.

The couple giggled over this and popped the bits into their mouths.

Sick.

It is horrifying to know that there are restaurants like this.

I just viewed a commercial of a new animated kid's movie called, "Alien".

It showed this martian with a little bird in his hands . He popped it in his mouth and ate it.

I was horrified that this is the lead trailer promoting this children's movie by showing an large headed alien eating a bird live as if this is something funny to watch.

And this is a kid's movie.

What the fuck is wrong with the world???????

I feel sick to my stomach.

I really really feel sick and shaky.

We all know about that digusting football player Michael Vick and his dog fighting saga.

He got a slap on the wrist jail sentence, a scolding AND a nice big zillion dollar football contract as punishment for dog cruelty.

There is a book out by amazon called "Micheal Vick's dogs".
It talks about the rescue and rehab of the surviving dog fight dogs. It is not unlike the book on the ASCPA's hurricane Katrina animal rescue survivors-except for hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster not a one man caused disaster.

That goes to show you how many dogs were victims of Micheal Vick's cruelty that a book could be made.

I still am traumatized by that owl incident.

I just want to crawl under my bed covers and just stay there.

And cry.

3 comments:

  1. "Someday, a real rain will come and wash all of the scum off the streets..." Travis Blickle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this sounds sexist, but - they were all men. I'm sure there are terrible stories concerning women, but I don't hear them. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've read about (and witnessed )major "hoarder' stories that 99% of the time involve deranged women.
    I almost forgot about that story about the "cat lady" from Beverly(?) who had dead cats in her refrigerator.And of course, we read all about those horrible puppy mills. Oh yeah, those are 'equal opportunity offenders" in these kind of cruelty cases. Horrible and sad.
    I still feel shitty about that poor owl.:-(

    ReplyDelete