Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dogs and birds are smarter than humans.period.


Well it happened again.
I was driving up to Mattie's house (one of dog client's house) and I got behind this driver who was not only driving in between two lanes but in a halting manner.
At first, I thought it was an elderly driver perhaps a bit confused. I generally give an elderly driver a 'pass' if their driving skills are a bit off.
As I pulled up next to the driver I realized it was not an elderly driver but some shit-head texting.
Oh for God's sake.
I blasted my horn (but refrained from flipping him "the bird").
These selfish clueless single-minded jerk-offs really piss me off.
Are people getting stupider?
I went to have my snow tires switched over to my regular tires at a tire shop.
I said to the young service attendant who was filling out the paper-work that I am here to have my snow tires switched over. My regular everyday tires were sitting in the back seat of my car. He asked me twice if I wanted the tires rotated. I said, as I looked him in the eye,"No(!?). Just change the snowtires over".
You can probably guess where this is going.
He rotated the tires.
So there I was at the service station for another hour waiting for somebody working there that understood that I just wanted my snow tires off and regular tires on.
Whenever I go in a coffee shop (other than my favorite dunkin donuts) 90% of the time I get the opposite of what I order. (I always order cream no sugar but I end up with sugar no cream)
If you watch people walking around you will notice they either have their head glued to their cell phone, they are walking while texting and or tune the world out with ear buds fully inserted in their ears listening to their ipod.
The world has gone retarded.
I never seem to have this problem when ever I deal with dogs or birds. You can tell they are paying attention to what you have to say. Sure, sometimes they will not follow what you ask them. It's not because they are not paying attention or stupid. Sometimes they just don't want to do what you request.
Animals are definitely more in tune with body language and what is happening around them. Whenever I hear my birds squawk I know that either somebody is pulling into the driveway or something (or someone)is in the yard. My birds never lie or pretend. If they don't like something going on they will let you know so that you correct it immediately.
Lately, people seem to have this insatiable need to be entertained constantly. My birds or dog customers don't have that need. Dogs are perfectly happy doing simple things like taking a walk in the park. My birds like to sit with me at the table to tear up newspaper.
For animals, life is simplified, uncomplicated and uncluttered.
I wish people would start being like that.

1 comment:

  1. The answer to your first question is yes...a thousand times, yes.

    ReplyDelete