Friday, February 25, 2011

Scrottie McBoogerballs


Ok I'd be first person to stick my nose in the air with my hand waving in disdain stating that 90% of the so called comedies out there are tasteless, vile, and just not funny.

However.

For some reason, the cartoon show"South Park" makes me laugh so hard I end up with a stomach ache.

Oh yeah, it's vulgar, juvenile, sophomorphic, gross, politically incorrect and down right awful.

One of the first movies my husband and I saw while we were dating was "South Park: the movie".

Let me tell you right now this is not a date movie.

It was gross and embarrassing, but it had it moments that you couldn't stop laughing.

Every once in awhile when there is nothing on TV my husband will go on the computer to watch "South Park" episodes.

The last one we watched was titled, yes, "Scrottie McBoogerballs".

And of course, because of the title alone, we had to watch it.

The story line was on banned books. The south park characters decided to make up their own book to make the banned book list. It was titled "Scrottie McBoogerballs" and because of it's vulgarity it became a best seller.

I found this theme hilarious because it reminded me of when I was a kid. My cousin and I would write and illustrate our own books and comics. We entertained ourselves for hours.

I'm sure our parents thought it was so cute and nice that we played so nicely together but the reality was that we were scheming up gross and funny stories that we hid from prying adult eyes.

Mad magazine was our bible.

We would try to shock and gross each other out with outrageous stories and cartoon drawings. Oh yeah, we ended up with stomach aches from laughing so hard.

Needless to say I had to email my cousin to check out the "Scrottie McBoogerballs" episode off the "South Park" website.

I may grow old but I'll never grow up.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the very same cousin who would leave his own, hand picked, Scrottie McBoogerballs all over the blankets? Yes... I still think of that story every once in a while. So gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the same cousin that left scrotty mcboogerballs anywhere, but I am the co-author of the novel written by St. Atlantis entitled as such. Fox (the tv station)not the one in detox) stole it from us! The illustrations are slightly different but the story is identical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nasty booger blankets were from a neighbor's kid whom my mother made me eat lunch at his house when I was in grammar school. They were the same people (for the love of bassett hounds..) post that had the smelly basset hound dog.

    ReplyDelete