Sunday, February 20, 2011

sanctum




We don't go to the movie theater that often but we did want to see the movie "Sanctum" about the cave divers on the big screen in 3D.


The movie definitely delievered the impact of making you nervous.


There were a few things about the movie that aggravated me though.


First of all, the two women in the movie were portrayed as being kind of stupid and annoying. They ended up dying in the end. (I'm not surprised since the film maker was a New Zealander. And unfortunately, my experience I've had with male new Zealanders is that they are sexist jerks) One of girls just had to have her top zipped low enough to see cleavage.


Puuuuleeaze...


Another thing I found irritating about the movie is they talked about using rebreathers.


I am guessing by the depth they were at underwater and below sea level that they were way past a 30 foot depth. I had thought using a rebreather was toxic past a 30 foot depth. (?)


Also, if you were in a dark confusing cave wouldn't you want bubbles from your regs to show where your bubbles were flowing up to orient yourself of being up or down?


I know, I know, it is just a movie...


I'll give it that it was entertaining and it did make you grip the edge of your seat. Plus, I wanted to see the cave diving scenes.

3 comments:

  1. Can't/won't go to movies about diving that have the death motif - and they ALL do. They taint my feelings about the fun of diving too much. Glad you semi-enjoyed your trip though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know something Chris, you are absolutely right about scuba movies having that death motif about them. I never really thought about that but I guess you are right.
    I guess I like seeing the UW scenery and making fun of all the f*&^ ups.
    I end up rooting for the sharks in the those "scary shark" movies. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chris... I hate diving movies. Most of the time they get the technical stuff wrong, and people are always croaking...or something eats them (which can, I must admit...be rather entertaining).

    ReplyDelete