Saturday, February 19, 2011

How many cats!?! part 2


Well, for the first two days everything went fairly smoothly caring for the house of nine cats.

I was a little nervous about popping the anti-depressant pill in "Felix"s mouth. I was hoping to find the right cat since most of the cats kind of look the same (mostly tabby cats). I popped the pill down his gullet without too much a fuss and treated him with kitty treats afterwards.
Day one, so far so good.

Oh yes, there was a 'treasure hunt" of assorted vomit here and there but I just cleaned it up.

I had to keep the mentally "challenged" cat, "Vadl", separate from the other cats in his own room since he tends to start fights with the other cats..

However, the next day I found him downstairs.

I thought to myself, "hmmm.. did I not shut the door tight enough?" I knew he had found his way out of the room by the tell tale blob of mucus in the kitty drinking fountain. He put up a bit of struggle when I put him back in his room. He wasn't too happy about although I thought he would be OK with since he at first, sat there staring off in space with this 5 inch long glob of brown booger hanging from his mouth. He then, made a racket in the room by running around and banging into the door as if by banging it it would open it up.

Again, the next day I found this cat down stairs sitting in the kitchen.

I don't think this cat is so mentally challenged.

He figured away to get the door open by banging it even when I shut it tight.

As I was cleaning the cat dishes and scooping the litterbox I noticed "Vadl" jump up on the counter where my waist wallet was sitting as well has my daily written report was situated. He promptly strategically positioned his arse on my pack and peed on it.

Jesus...

He was clearly expressing his displeasure at my being there.

"Felix" took note and spit the pill out after I had given it to him.

Oh great...

I tried again, gave him some treats, and talked to him gently.

After the third try, he finally swallowed the pill.

I think.

Again, I followed the "treasure hunt" trail of hair balls, poo balls and vomit.

The other seven cats seem to be normal and content, even the elderly incontinent one seemed to be fine.

I cleaned everything up, made sure litterboxes were clean and that the food was replaced with fresh food.

Three more days to go.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE as saint, V. Those cats must know it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris took the words right out of my mouth! You are INDEED a saint!

    ReplyDelete