Friday, August 31, 2012

shoe addict alert

*Fluff piece alert!

OK I was reading the August 27th issue of the National Enquirer. I came across an article "A Sole-ful Divorce case" of a women in the midst of a nasty divorce case who happens to own 1,200 pairs of shoes.
The soon-to-be-ex-husband figured this shoe collection, which includes 700 pairs of pricey Louboutins , safeguarded by an electronic keypad safe-closet , is worth some big bucks in the divorce settlement.
When I saw the photo of "the closet", I thought to myself, "WOW! At least I'm not that bad !"
Or am I?
I cleaned out a bunch of shoes in the beginning of the year that were A) uncomfortable B) outdated C) looking kind of scrotty D) I had changed my "style"
And of course, despite my 2012 New year's resolution of "not buying any more shoes", I've replaced the 25 or so shoes I "recycled" for new ones.
Of come on!
They were on sale!
I never pay retail.
I strategically wait (like a loin in the bush watching the gazelle) til the shoes go on sale. If I can hold out a little longer (like that loin watching the gazelle in an open field to go for a drink of water) for an additional coupon I can usually  get that treasured pair of high end shoes for a song. It's easy prey so long as you wait and observe patiently.
Believe me, I don't buy crappy lame ugly-ass shit shoes either.
My sweet-heart of a husband bought me a gorgeous pair of Jennifer Lopez  purple and tangerine with gold trim platform suede sandals. They are absolutely yummy AND they match everything. And of course, I snuck in a pair of lemon coloured JLo spike heels and apricot coloured Steve Madden chunky heeled open toe platforms for good measure.
My husband thinks it's funny and finds curious whenever I go somewhere wearing a pair of my beautiful shoes. He will notice other women giving me the 'look over". Many times I will get compliments from other admiring ladies (and I do the same thing when I see a lady wearing a hot pair of shoes) He doesn't really "get it" but he knows it happens and finds it amusing.
The same things happens with hand-bags too.
I don't think I am as bad with hand-bags although my mother, long time friend, sister, husband, will debate that fact.
Oh well..

1 comment:

  1. "...purple and tangarine..." I can't even imagine what those shoes look like. Could we have a picture, please? :^)
















    ReplyDelete