Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fifty shades of....... WHAAAAAT!?

OK I'll be the first to admit that I am an uptight stuffy snotty prude
I mean, after all I am a saint!
I never smoked pot in high school like everyone else.
I didn't do it for a couple of reasons.
First of all: The fact that everyone smoked pot. Quite frankly, I'm not a follower. I could not give a flying turd to be a part of the "in' crowd.
Second of all: I am a major germ-o-phobe. It totally grossed me out seeing everyone pass a "roach" around and sucking on it.
How disgusting.
I remember attending  a "Prince" concert and this nasty bit of reefer was being passed around for everyone's "enjoyment". I could barely touch it with my fingers in order to pass it over to the kid sitting next to me. It was all dripping wet with saliva. Ewww!
Third of all: I considered myself as a fine tuned piece of machinery and I wasn't going to (potentially) contaminate myself.
Just recently in passing conversation I was asked if I had read the new "hot" raunchy novel "Fifty shades of Grey" by E.L. James.
NO, I did not.
 Nor do I have any interest in it.
I don't like "dirty stories".
I had read many years ago (during the 1980's) the popular novel, "Rage of Angels' by Sidney Sheldon.
A year(or two) ago I had read the historical fantasy  best seller's list, "Outlander" by Diane Gabaldon.
These two books are not considered "dirty', but these two books were my absolute limit on the "raunch-o-meter". Stuff written in these books were waaaaay too intimate.
Sure, I'll chuckle at a ribald joke and crack up watching "South Park" but I do have my limits.

Books that I WOULD recommend for summer reads are as listed:
"The gerbil farmer's daughter" by Holly Robinson
"The Glass castle" by Jeannette Walls
And right now I am reading "the Hunger Games" series ("The Hunger Games"," Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay") by Suzanne Collins. These books were listed for my nephew's summer reading assignments.
That is more my speed!

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, V. Movies and TV that have sexy scenes turn me OFF these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenes aren't even "sexy" they are cold, embarrassing and degrading.
    ick

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 shades trilogy is awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete