Monday, August 27, 2012

dive #873 August 26 2012

*As I was searching for a photo of a north Atlantic crab on the internet I came across this photo.
The photographer credited for this photo is our dive buddy Janet MacCausland!

Dive#873 August 26 2012
I can not believe it is the end of August already.This has been a banner summer so I can not complain. The weather has been great and my maladies have been for the most part manageable.
The sun was shining with the wind coming from the south. We had Fred, Chris and Pete running the show. Lareint as usual, giving us a hand. Jackie K, her pal, Sandy and Za za were out for a day of diving. It appears everyone was out for their "coming to the end of the season' bang up dive. The 'other" dive boat was chock-o-block full of divers as well.
On our ride out, Lareint and I spotted a lone seal in the river. What the heck was he doing there? We first thought "it" was a bit of trash floating by EXCEPT for he had a whiskered face!
We anchored at "naked man' beach. I just did one dive despite the decent temp of 57F on my guage. The viz was, at best, was 6 feet with a bit of surge. I was easily disoriented even though I did not venture away from the boat. There were many crabs, some big lobsters, a good sized skate and one lone small striper in my path.
"Newby' Zaza did very well in her skills.When she 'lost' Chris due to the poor viz she did the right thing and came to the surface to look for her.She also tried out my BCD vest for a different variation of vests. She did A-OK.She seemed comfortable in the water.
I'd say we all had a good day! :-)

2 comments: